Book essays are usually assigned to students after they read the work of a certain writer to check how accurately they understood the author’s message. This article presents brief information about book essays and gives the general guidelines for writing this kind of assignment. Moreover, you are welcome to get professional essay help at our site! We hire experienced writers who are able to deliver writing service of high academic quality!
There are different kinds of book essays. Some are short summaries that briefly overview the book read. The longer book essays may compare several publications or discuss the book’s overall significance. Anyway, valuable book essays should tell much more that how many chapters are in the book.
The first issue you should dwell upon in your essay is what the book is about. After doing that, you have to describe and interpret the key parts of the book. Next, explain the significance of the work within the given field. You also have to highlight the parts of the book that aroused your interest most of all and express your own ideas about the subject matter of the book.
Here are some useful tips that will help you cope with the task successfully:
- Good book reviews should be written in a clear language. Imagine that you are writing to the reader who has never read the book but who is interested in the subject matter. If any terms occur in book essays that might be unfamiliar to the reader, they should be immediately explained.
- Footnotes and endnotes should be throughout the book essays. They draw the reader’s attention to the information the author finds to be too specific to include into the main text. They also allow you to add extra details to your essay.
- You also have to cite bibliographic references. For this purpose, you have to name the author, the date and pages of publication in parentheses. The full reference to the source from which the information was taken should be included at the end of book essays.
Mostly, MLA style is required for book essays. It means that you should stick to the following rules while writing:
- Double space the entire document;
- Indent 1 inch margins from all sides;
- Single space after punctuation;
- Set page numbers in the upper right hand corner;
- The entries in the reference list should be alphabetized by the names of authors.
For more detailed information on writing book essays, we advise you consult your teacher. You may find it interesting and helpful to read academic tips on The Necklace essay writing!