Debate Essay Outline
Sep 30, 2009
Filed under:English essay
— admin @ 4:09 am
Debate Essay Outline
A debate essay boils down to the discussion of different points of view on one and the same problem. Sometimes a teacher gives two or more articles that students have to discuss in the debate essay, or students may search for the works of other researchers by themselves. This discussion along with the writer’s personal point of view on the problem should be presented in a form of a well-structured and properly formatted paper.
Also, you may order essay writing service at our site and get custom English essay written from scratch by professional writers!
The first stage of writing is making a debate essay outline. Mostly, students get confused for being unaware of how to produce an effective debate essay outline. Below, you will find useful tips that will help you work out a good debate essay outline, thus, create a steady framework for your project.
Debate Essay Outline Tips:
- Make your debate essay outline as close to final form as possible. Mind that changing local revision issues in your outline is much easier than in global revision issues. The debate essay outline is your foundation on which you hang your ideas.
- Keep your debate essay outline simple. It should look like a table of contents with abstracts underneath each main heading. To simplify your outline, you may use such figures as tables, graphs, schemes, etc. However, the most important thing is that your debate essay outline should be clear to you. There is probably nothing much more frustrating than coming back to your outline realizing that nothing is understandable to you.
- Keep your headings proportioned at the same level throughout the paper. Remember, the headings are not just what the passage is all about. They should express the main idea of the passage with perspicuity. Remember, your debate essay outline is not the place for details.
- Keep the annotations concise and directly stated. They should summarize the entire section and discuss the main idea, not details.
- Your debate essay outline should reveal an orderly movement of your thoughts beginning with introduction up to conclusion. The reader should immediately recognize the relationship between the chapters and sections of your paper.
- For every heading use a topic sentence that expressed the main idea of the section directly.
Remember, your debate essay outline should help you conceptualize the larger paper. It will help you make your essay progressing. Therefore, with the help of an outline, you will be able to complete your paper more proficiently and quickly. In essence, debate essay is similar to argumentative essays writing.